Monday, March 14, 2016

Rehearse

Photo by Nadia Jamnik
image courtesy of unsplash.com
I suppose the first and most obvious 21st century solution to the problem of getting a question answered is to read the wikipedia article about it.

So I did that, and only afterwards I realized that my plan wasn't really finished when I started: I decided to do research on the NFL draft, something that doesn't interest me at all, without any definite question to answer or goal in mind other than "go do research about that thing."

So having absorbed the basic summary of information on the NFL draft through the wiki, it seems like the only thing I'm well-suited to do is re-state whatever someone else already said about it in slightly different words (story of my life).

I think the real goal has got to be to go into an uninteresting topic and find something, any one thing, that is interesting enough to write six hundred words about -- preferably not the first or second or third thing to come to mind, either, but it's a new idea, so let's not get overambitious.







No comments:

Post a Comment